Swift. The language for first-time coders and full-time developers.
Swift is a robust and intuitive programming language created by Apple that’s easy to learn, simple to use, and super powerful. Which makes it great for getting started with code. It’s also one of the fastest growing, most popular open-source programming languages used by professional developers. In fact, some of the world’s most popular apps are built in Swift.
Prepare for the future.
Learning to write code is essential to students’ ability to thrive in a future driven by technology. It teaches them how to solve problems and work together in creative ways. And it enables them build apps that bring their ideas to life.
Get certified in Swift.
The value of Swift Certification
Certification recognizes the completion of the App Development with Swift course, validating students’ foundational skills with Swift, Xcode, and app development tools. Individuals are expected to have completed at least 150 hours of instructional time before taking the certification exam. Students who pass the certification exam will earn a digital badge they can place in a resume, portfolio, email, or share in social media.
App Development with Swift Certification Level 1:
Exam objectives | Exam languages and versions
Students who are certified will learn:
Knowledge of Swift
- Discover, explore, and demonstrate how to use the fundamental building blocks of Swift.
- Learn the basic concepts of Swift programming including syntax, logic, structures, functions, and patterns.
Knowledge of App Development
- Learn the basics of the Apple Software Development Kit.
- Explore and use developer tools such as Playgrounds, Xcode, Simulator, and Interface Builder.
- Learn how to build and run iOS apps using Swift.
- Explore and learn common tools, technologies, interface elements, and design patterns used to build iOS apps.
- Learn the skills needed to build iOS apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Learn to use common iOS frameworks in hands-on app projects.
Help students graduate to making real apps with Swift.
Certification is based on the App Development with Swift course created for high school and college students with little or no programming experience. The curriculum follows a practical, step-by-step approach to learning iOS development tools and basic programming concepts using Swift as the language. By the end of the course students are able to build a fully functioning app of their own design.
Tap into resources for teaching code.
The companion App Development with Swift Teacher Guide includes downloadable Keynote presentations for each lesson, solution code for the app projects, and a rubric for evaluating student work. Download App Development with Swift Teacher Guide on iBooks